is a Finnish soundartist
example of soundart
Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
– Since I realized I could make noise. I am kind of grown into it.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
– I´ve got no musical education but I´m studying sound design in Theater academy. Currently I´m living in the smallest apartment ever in rock city Tampere in Finland.
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
-It´s not my profession. It´s something I do with or without payment. I´ve got my main music project called Phuzy which is a mix of ska-hiphop-reggae-punk-rap-drum&bass-funk music but I also do sound installations and compositions. I like the idea that I can create different places and pictures with sounds we hear every day.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
-Music, sounds and rhythms are emotions and pictures to me.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
-Sampler, hard disk recorder, minidisc, guitar, bass, pc, things that sounds nice.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general and you personally?
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
-It’s a problem but somehow I have managed to get what I necessarily need.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative? If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
-I work mostly alone because I like it most that way.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
-Not really. I like trip hop but also black metal… Something that just got that something.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
-I would like to get my band, Phuzy, kicking good and be able to do sound art and get enough money with that, so I could also eat once in a while.