Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
Wonderfeel began in 93 and the Shadowsense collaboration began in 2002.
Our motivation to work together grew from our shared passion for acoustic sounds and original compositions.
A shared passion for developing our own styles, recording acoustic sounds and produce unusual and totally original music.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
Both passionate about the environment, especially healthy forests.
We love our forested surrounds, and abundant wildlife.
Our home is literally surrounded by native plants and bushland, unfortunately a possible bushfire threat.
Wonderfeel’s education is mainly self taught, but includes flute tuition, while Shadowsense’s education includes flute and classical guitar.
3. Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
Wonderfeel’s profession is music – particularly developing Skeletone, while Shadowsense is currently studying to become a Kinesiologist.
Re: creative context – when the inspiration’s there you begin …
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
We work solely with unique acoustic sounds played on physical objects and sampled through a microphone.
The sounds are then manipulated with an ASR-10 sampler to build a track that is then mixed through an analogue desk.
We value complete originality.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general and you personally?
Wonderfeel is a web artist and Shadwsense works with experimental imagery via Final Cut.
Skeletone.net is the new media outlet for all our creativity and includes other talented souls …
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
We’ve got what we need for now but if you wanna donate to us we could make great use of the money putting solar panels on our roof 🙂
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative? If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
The only challenge in collaboration is communication of abstract ideas and being able to tactfully share passionate likes and dislikes in the creative process.
Other than that the synergy is awesome !
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
Art of Noise, Laurie Anderson, Dead Can Dance, Balinese Gamelon, Thomas Tallis & African Headcharge are some of the greats !!
Plus the surviving uncorrupted cultures of the world.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
We’d like to get this stuff out to a much wider audience who can appreciate the uniqueness …