Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
I started making music when I was 25.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
I live in Athens, Greece. No studies, no academic education no scholarships just pure learning by doing = self-taught appropriation of creative skills and handling of digital technology.
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
Yes, it is my profession. I am not practicing. Lately, I have been working extensively in some projects related to architecture and sound. In addition, I am producing another project based in various methods of audio analysis on unique recordings. In this, I apply data on tracks commissioned by other artists, in order to explore the aesthetics of information on sound.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
I am trying to ‘create’ the compositions in my mind before I get into the studio, so everything will be ready and I don’t waste time on experimenting.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
I don’t use any instruments, I am using common and uncommon software and hardware equipment.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general and you personally?
The chances are relentless, but for me, getting into exploring them might be more a waste of time than a leading path for somebody to develop and improve his work. The important thing is to know what you want to do. There are millions of ways to do it by using the so called ‘New Media’.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
My main income comes from my musical activities.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
Mainly individually, but I collaborated with noted artists whom I respect very much.
If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I prefer working individually.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
Many and from different disciplines, it is very hard starting mentioning the names.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
No plans, no dreams, no paranoia.