Interview: 10 Questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
I began to study cello and classical music since a young age. Although I was attracted by different branches of art, the cello allowed me to do a creative work on that time.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
I have lived and worked in Barcelona for 4 years. The sound creation and sound installations have an important role in my creative work and projects in the present. My musical education began in a conservatory of classical music and through different artistic areas as painting, dance, theater and sound art.
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
I work as a professional sound artist: I take part in festivals, competitions and various art projects in different cities.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
I am constantly learning not only musical tools but also other humanistic areas that may influence my work, such as cinema, literature, theater, new media, painting, etc.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
I use various softwares in order to process sound, which is the basis of my work. For example, I make use of sequencers, editors, synthesis techniques, samples, recordings, etc.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general and you personally?
The so-called new media allow my work –for example, sound installations- to mix more easily with other artistic areas.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
I often do different artistic jobs.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative? If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work individually as a sound artist.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
I have many different influences.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
I would like to continue doing my artistic work and keep constantly learning.