Antonella Pintus aka anna bolena
Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
I started in 1995 as dj and promoter, in 2000 I bought my first Pc in order to improve my skills in electronic music. I wanted to be more creative and I thought that the next step was to release my own productions.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
I lerned music at the school and later I studied Psychology and Communication. My mother was pianist and she handed on me the passion and the interest in music.
3. Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
I’m trying to earn my money with music and multimedia, but at the moment it is not so simple. I’m trying to do my best in different contexts (official and underground).
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
Not really; I think that the music is closely with mood and phantasy.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
I usePc with differents softwares (Cubase/Reason/Ableton/Acid/Sound Forge etc.) ; sound card; microphones; objects.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general and you personally?
Nowadays it’s possible to produce music and sound with more freedom, but as musician I cannot forget quality and challenges.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
I’m a producer, too. For me it is really important to be in contact with youngs and new musicians. I’m supporting new talents.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative? If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I usually work alone. It is a matter of control.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
Even if I listen to different kinds of music: my music must be original: this is my aim!
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
CARPE DIEM! No future, sorry!