artist from Turkey
Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
In music lessons, in kindergarten.I liked it a lot, that was my motivation I guess.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
I live in Izmir, in Turkey. The most influential thing about Izmir I guess its bay facing the Aegean Sea. I have a Master of Arts degree of Audiovisual Design, thesis on audiovisual noise.
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
It’s a part of my profession. I am producing soundscapes and some noise pieces.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
I don’t have any style. It depends on my mood, environment, situations, and instincts.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
5I use everything that produces sound, but mostly, I use Max/Msp, a mic, a midi keyboard, a Game Boy and a webcam.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general and you personally?
I don’t care about the mediums. I have been working with a great deal of mediums. New Media or another medium cannot change my music style.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
I am a faculty member of a Communication Design department in a University.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative? If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work individually. However, in some conditions, I collaborated with some designers and artists. Sharing sounds and experiences are exciting.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
Ludwing Van Beethoven, Fennesz, Merzbow, Luigi Russolo, Marcel Duchamp, Bulent Arel and Ilhan Mimaroglu. I like also Dadaist movement and 50s computer music as milestones in music.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
There are lots of sounds that human cannot hear. I want to work on them and make them hearable.
Here you can download the album:
here are the 2 videos of soduz: