1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
Everything started 2002. Before I was playing guitar and learning piano. But 2002 I had a bad accident- and I had to stay in bed for 3 months. This was the moment when I discovered computer and all the possibilities about making music with it.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
I’m living in the Jewish district of Vienna since 8 years. But I grow up in Poland. I have no musical education. I learned to play piano, guitar and contrabass by myself- and I’m still learning. I’m doing this because of fun. I would never again study something what I love… I study fine arts- and it was a bad decision- University killed my passion.
3. Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
No, music is not my profession. I’m writing music, because I want to… and since few years I’m working with some companies- writing for them music for advertisements and multimedia presentations.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
At most, I work with the computer. When I’m writing some piece for orchestra- there is no other way to do it for me- to get a real orchestra- it cost a lot. So I use music software.
I’m also recording my guitar and contrabass and then I mix it with midi lines on my computer. I work in many different styles. It depends of the atmosphere and how I fell.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
Guitar: washburn j-9 washington (jazz guitar), line6 pod xt guitar effect, contrabass, digital piano- working with my computer- I used it like a interface for my orchestral arrangements and to control my music software.
PC AMD Athlon64 x2 5000+, 2 GB memory, E-mu 1820 soundcard- recording software Steinberg cubase… and lot of vst instruments
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general
and you personally?
Huge!!!! I think this is the future. Because of it, I can work and writing my stuff- it’s fascinating – it gives the possibility everone to be a musican- otherwise it’s bad for the quality- but between milions of production you can find lot of amaizing stuff- if you strong enough to search for it.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
I’m financing everything by myself. In last time I get also so money from music productions, so I can keep investing in my music.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work individually. I can’t work with others musician- because I always know what I want. So it’s complicated to work with me.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
A lot. My favourite is Zbigniew Preisner (he made music for Krzysztof Kieslowski movies- amaizing), Henryk Gorecki, Filip Glass, Domenico Scarlatti. But also otherbands like: Sigur Ros, Bjork, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Motion Trio, Jeff Buckley, Cinematic Orchestra, Iva Nova, David Sylvian, Jorane…..and, and, and
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
I would like to hear my symphonic music playing by a real orchestra!!!!!! That’s all
Can works of yours experienced online besides on SoundLAB? Where?
List some links & resources