1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
I began my musical explorations around 1998, when I discovered the freedom and power of audio software applications. I’m not sure what my motivation is to make music. If I had to come up with an answer I’d say it was because I have to do it. I make music because I enjoy it. Music is something that I have to do. But, unlike everything else that I ‘have to do’ though, I am actually happy ‘having’ to make music.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
Well, I’m quite a nomad when it comes to my living environment. I’m constantly moving. I crave new environments. My higher education consists of a BA in Film and an MA Music Technology.
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
No. I don’t currently make money from my music. Of course, I’d love to. I’m not looking to be filthy rich from my music. Just a few dollars to help me pay the bills would be nice. At this point, I guess you could say that I’m a practicing electronic music and multimedia composer and performer.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
Without getting into software list, let me just say that I like ‘modular’ music environments that give me a lot of freedom to experiment. I often come up with song ideas from this experimentation which, in turn, I’ll try to incorporate into more accessible pieces of music.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
Oh, here is that list then:
Many software samplers and sequencers
Hardware that controls the software:
Doepfer Pocket Dial
Doepfer Pocket Fader
Oxygen 8 Midi controller
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general
and you personally?
Imagination is the only limit. This is both amazing and scary at the same time. Sometimes too many options stifle creativity. Limited choice and structure can be a good thing.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
Is there any other way?
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I’ve done both. Both have their pros and cons. Ultimately though, I love the collaboration process and prefer to work/perform with others.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
From Debussy to Squarepusher. From Reich to PreFuse 73. Minimalism/IDM/Hip Hop
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
To continue creating, collaborating and, hopefully, inspiring people to do the same.
Can works of yours experienced online besides on SoundLAB? Where?
List some links & resources