1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
I think I was 13 when I started saving to buy a drum set and my motivation was an interest in rock music with an emphasis on being cool.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
Princeton, NJ is where I work in the daytime but I call Philadelphia, PA my home. However I feel I am probably more influenced by the Internet than I am by my actual environment. I have a B.F.A. in sculpture and music/sound is an interest I pursue without formal music training.
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
Art is my profession and sometimes that happens to include music composition. Recently, the context of my music practice has been deeply rooted in surfing youtube.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
Primarily, I compose music and sound on the computer but enjoy making field recordings as well.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
I try to keep it light and easy. Sometimes I just record sound through my webcam. I don’t really have anything too cool or expensive. I like to think my computer is capable of most things. I also have a Zoom Handy Recorder for field recording.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general
and you personally?
New Media is wonderful. I completely embrace it. I think the Internet is the best.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
I don’t really have financing and I find the challenge of overcoming that obstacle to be fun. Sometimes I wish I had financing.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
I work individually for the most part, I always have. I enjoy collaborative work as well.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
I don’t think I’m too influenced musically, and I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Youtube has been my influence as of late. I’m going to list some youtube URLS if you don’t mind.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
Just to be able to keep working on art.
out of competition:
Can works of yours experienced online besides on SoundLAB? Where?