Brazilian soundart collective
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
++CAYCEPOLLARDcoletivodeartecomputacional; is a collective project of Nicolau Centola and Fabrizio Poltronieri which began in 2009, but separately the two are already making music for over 10 years.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
We have no formal music education. Everything we learned was on trial and error and self-study.
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
No. We are artists who only use the computer as a means to create art. Among these results is music, specifically soundscapes.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
We rely on the principle of randomness of John Cage.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
We only use open source software.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general
and you personally?
It´s an important initiative to spread this kind of art and meet artists from other countries.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
It is impossible to get financing for our type of work in Brazil.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
Work a lot.