1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
At the age of 10. Motivation – Jimi Hendrix
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
A ‘minority’ suburb of (humid) Tel-aviv, right by the sea-shore.
I’ve studied screenplay writing (Sam Spiegel film school, Jerusalem, Israel) sound engeniring (Sound School Tel-Aviv, Israel) and sonology (Royal Conservatorium of Den-Hagg, Holland)
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
Yes. I practice, produce and investigate music, in different forms, everyday basiclly.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
I don’t have a fixed strategy or ways of thinking while I’m composing. Every piece, though, starts with a certain theme but I’m constantly reminding myself not to fall too deep into the philosophical ‘trap’. I tend to like micro-tonality, granulation, pitch shifting, time stretching and phasing which eventually (in the past few years) leads into drone music, sound art and noise.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
I play (though rarly) acoustic instruments like guitar and piano. In my everyday production of music, I use Max/MSP program, RME products and self made special pre-amp units.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general
and you personally?
Technical/artistic chances are very high, spiritual chances are very low. I guess this is true in general and in person.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
Hard. Big projects are being financed by art funds.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative? If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
On music, I work mostly alone though I’m also part of an ensemble of artists from diverse fields of art which create art pieces together, not just music.
I’m also constantly collaborating (as a duo) with a video artist on many joint projects.
The difference is too long to consist in this answer but basiclly it all sums up to true mutual respect and ‘ego handling’.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
Not for me.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
Being able to keep on going just like that.
Can works of yours experienced online besides on SoundLAB? Where?
List some links & resources