Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
I consider myself as an artist who creates different environments that contain a distinct aspect of “klang”. I started this work five years ago.
2.Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
I am educated as an Audio Engineer and holding a Master Degree in New Media. My work is dedicated to settling a dispute between different artistic fields – my medium is mediation. This approach is not only of a technological order but also encompasses human initiative and interaction. I explore different medias through the objective intervention of a neutral party. Often I use computers to superimpose a neutral behavior onto the concept of mediation.
3. Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
Yes. My work is a mixture of Performance, Installation and Sculpture freely to discover by the audience.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
I use computers less as an extension of our bodies and more as a tool to reveal how we are different from this technology. The artistic output is always a reward for the individual’s response to the conditioned environment that I have created. This environment is based on a call and response system that contains a determined structure executed by any given digital technology. Therefore, my approach to mediation is one of a minimal nature that always requires the participation of humans.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
Headphones – Microphones – any given digital technology
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general and you personally?
In conjunction with musicians, New Media Technology has the chance to be a hellbender intermediator between the involved musical parties. One requirement for it is a clear and strict set of rules for the used digital device – the definition of those immaterial rules is at least for me a challenge.
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
I apply with my work on different competitions and teach workshops.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
Both. It depends on the nature of the project.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
Composer = Alvin Lucier, Nicolas Collins, Gavin Bryars
Movement = Minimalism
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
Gaining a better understanding about my own work.